In several cases, there area unit steps chemical users will take before they need a tormentor drawback to stop the requirement for pesticides. When a tormentor drawback like Associate in Nursing insect infestation is known, chemical users typically have an alternative among completely different solutions to their tormentor issues. These tormentor management ways gift completely different levels of risk to human health and also the atmosphere.
In recent years, consumers throughout the country have made it clear that they want a safer, more effective pest management methodology and at the same time want to protect the environment. Whether used to control insects, rodents, weeds, microbes, or fungi, pesticides have important benefits. They help farmers provide an affordable and plentiful food supply. Pesticides also are used in other settings such as our homes and schools to control pests as common as cockroaches, termites, and mice.
When homes and yards area unit unbroken clean, there is no food for pests and nowhere for them to live and breed, and this in turn means that there are few pests. This is the recent method approach to regulate tormentor through sanitation.
Pests will be controlled by active sensible hygiene within the following ways:
- Clean up after meals. Put food scraps in the bin, and wash and dry plates, cups, glasses, cutlery and cooking pots after use.
- Put all rubbish into the bin
- Wrap all food scraps tightly in paper before putting them in the bin
- Keep all the benches, cupboards and floors clean and free of food scraps
- Keep food in containers with tight-fitting lids
- Use the toilet properly. Make sure that all urine and feces goes into the pedestal pan and that the toilet is flushed after use. Toilet paper is that the solely reasonably paper that ought to be flushed down the toilet.
- Make sure the rest room is clean and also the cistern works properly
- Make sure that every one septic tanks and leach drains area unit well sealed
- Make sure that the community rubbish tip is operated properly with the rubbish being buried frequently
- Use fly screens to prevent pests coming into the house and seal holes around pipes
There is very little purpose to having a chemical program to regulate domestic pests if the relevant hygiene factors don’t seem to be addressed additionally. The pests can before long come if sensible hygiene isn’t maintained.
Biological control methods
Biological management ways may also be wont to management pests. These methods include using natural enemies of the pest and biologically interfering with their ability to breed. Pesticides are not used.
Two examples of biological control methods are:
- the use of native fish to take advantage of dipteran larvae in water bodies
- the use of the dung beetle to break down and bury cow feces so that it is no longer available as a breeding place for flies
Originally designed for agriculture, IPM is also being used as a model for reducing the risk associated with pesticide use in other settings such as homes and schools. The IPM system consists of four steps:
- setting action thresholds;
- monitoring and identifying pests;
- preventing pests; and
- controlling pests when necessary.